Kaohsiung and Taipei, 6th - 14th August 2014

This is probably my 4th or 5th time flying to Taiwan.
The last time was only in January to join Juste Debout Taiwan.
This time round, I wanted to visit Kaohsiung as I haven't done so since 2011.
Hence I decided to go Kaohsiung for a few days to visit some old friends and to join South Side Session 7.

This was some photos taken at South Side Session 7. 
Thank you Smile from KFC (Kaohsiung Funky Crew) and Yu-Chin Mike for the awesome pictures!



Since I was already there, I've decided to join the Waacking category on top of Locking.
I honestly never practice much on my waacking.
So I didn't know how I was supposed to feel when I managed to battle my way to the Semifinals (Top 4).
For locking, I only got to the Top 38 auditions.
Actually I should be proud of myself because there were 100+++ auditionees for each category.
And at least I got to experience battling in quite a big and well-known event in Taiwan.
Even though it was through waacking. >.<
Here is the video of my round in Top 8.
I think I did very badly in Top 4. Hehe.

In Kaohsiung, I also managed to take a few private classes by Ah-meng, from KFC.
Really have to thank him for helping me so much all this while.
He taught me so much and enlightened me a lot too!
THANK YOU LAOSHI!

I also took a workshop by Miho, one of the judges for the locking category.
She's from Japan,  Ill My Nation crew. 
Here's her judge showcase!

My favourite showcase for the night was by Lip J (Korea), one of the judges for waacking.

After a few days in Kaohsiung, I went back to Taipei by bus.
Thanks to Eason for helping me buy the ticket and going back with me too.
Back in Taipei, I took a few classes at IP Dance Skool as usual.
And I did some sight-seeing as I rarely did so even after visiting Taipei for so many times.
The most memorable sight-seeing for the trip was when I went to Shifen!
The trip there was quite a long and tiring one.
And as it was summer, it was pretty much as warm as Singapore.
But there was so much to see, even during the journey there.
Here are some photos from that day!

That day to Shifen was spent with my dear Hong Kong friends, To Nang and Sunny from To The Funk.
I met them last year in December while I was in Hong Kong for a battle.
Since they were in Taiwan as well when I was there, we met up a few times to hang out!
It really was a fun day to Shifen.
Unfortunately for us though, the Shifen waterfall was close for tourists.
Heard that it has been closed for quite some time.
So if you have the thought of visiting, make sure you do some research first to find out if it's open.
We didn't see any signs to warn us.
So we really walked for 30minutes to be disappointed. ):
The scenery around was magnificent though.
Happy to see such scenery which I can't catch in Singapore.

So that was the highlight of my trip this time.
Of course I did many other stuffs while I was in Taipei.
I've met so many old and new friends.
Went to catch a movie for the first time in Taipei
Played bowling at the same place again.
Went to a pub to hang out and play darts (I was pretty good at it surprisingly).
And most importantly, SHOPPING!
The next time I visit Taiwan will probably be quite some time since I already went twice this year.
And I would be saving money for a Japan trip next year.
Meanwhile, gonna plan for another Hong Kong trip hopefully this coming November for What Da Funk ! :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lock City Singapore Qualifiers

Ximending (西門町) (Taipei)

The Fabulous Baker Boy cafe, Singapore